AT&T email is unarguably one of the most popular email services and has a pretty stacked database. The brilliant filters and features that are combine with a pretty impressive user interface make sure that users get the best overall experience.
Certain users like the idea of manual setup as that way, there is a lesser chance of experiencing email issues. If you are one such user but find it hard to configure your email account correctly, worry not as we have got you cover.
Today’s blog will focus on the email settings of AT&T net that can be use to configure an email account correctly without any issues.
IMAP and SMTP Settings for Manual Setup of AT&T Email
These simple steps can be follow to set up AT&T net email with the correct server settings.
- Open the application of Outlook on your device, to begin with, the proceedings.
- After you have done so, you will need to move to the account settings option and click on the “select account” option to proceed further.
- Now, you simply need to select the “others” option from the list of options that appear on your screen.
- For the next step, you will need to enter your correct email address and mail password in the correct user name and password fields respectively.
- In the next window, you will need to access the manual setup and select the manual settings that are given below;
- IMAP server: imap.mail.att.net
- Security type: none for this field
- IMAP port: 993
- Secure: 993 in this field and security type as SSL or TLS
- Insecure: 143 and security type as none
- After you are done, click on next to enter the SMTP outgoing server settings.
- Outgoing secure: port 465
- Security type: it can choose either be SSL or TLS
- Outgoing secure: enter port 587 with security type as SSL or TLS
- (SMTP): security type as none with port 25
- Outgoing (SMTP) insecure: select port 587 with security type as none
- Finish the process by clicking on done.
These simple steps can help users to access their account by setting it up in the correct manner.
Let us now take a look at the POP3 email server settings for AT&T email
POP3 Email Server Settings for AT&T
- Start by using the incoming mail server for AT&T POP3 by entering “inbound.att.net” with port number 995. After that, move on to the AT&T POP3 outgoing mail server and enter “outbound.att.net” which requires authentication with the port number 465.
- Once you are done with this, move to the AT&T IMAP incoming mail server by entering “imap.mail.att.net” which needs a safe connection with port number 993.
- Now, on the AT&T IMAP SMTP outgoing mail server, enter “smtp.mail.att.net” which requires a safe connection with the port number as 465 or 587.
- Complete the setup by choosing the AT&T news server as none.
Now that we know about the correct AT&T IMAP settings AT&T STMP server settings, and AT&T net POP settings, let us get to know about the correct steps that can be used to set up AT&T email in third party clients like Outlook with the use of correct ATT mail server settings.
Simple Steps to Set up AT&T net Email in Outlook
- Begin by opening the application of Outlook to click on the file option from the menu bar of Outlook. After you have done so, you will need to choose the info option or the account settings option and then select the “Outlook setting” option of AT&T email.
- For Outlook 2007 version users, you will simply need to click on the “tools” option from the menu bar that is available on your screen. After that, click on the option that says “account settings” from the list that pops up on your screen.
- In the next window, you will need to click on the email tab and then on the next button. Once you have done so, choose the button that is right next to the Microsoft exchange POP, IMAP, or HTTP and then hit next to proceed further.
- Now, simply choose the internet email button and click on next again.
- As soon as you are done with that, click on the server information option to change the ATT email address in the user information field. Move forward by selecting POP from the menu down below and entering “pop.att.yahoo.com” for the incoming mail server field.
- For the next step, you will need to enter “smtp.att.yahoo.com” for the outgoing mail server field. Once you are done, move to the login information field and enter your user name and your password correctly in the given fields. After you are done, verify your account password and then locate the “more settings” option.
- Simply select the outgoing server tab and tick the box that says “My Outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication” and “use the same configuration for the incoming mail server“.
- In continuation with the step mention above, choose the advance option that is present as an SSL link in the “the server requires an encrypted connection link (SSL)” option.
- Finish the process by checking to see whether or not the field number changes to 995 automatically.
These simple steps can help users to set up their AT&T email account in Outlook by using the correct AT&T email settings for configuration.
The same AT&T email settings for iPhone to set up an email account with relative ease.
Ans: The settings for AT&T email are as follows;
- Server Address: type smtp.mail.att.net
- Username: Type your AT&T Webmail email address
- Password: Enter your AT&T Webmail password
- Port Number: enter 465 With SSL
- Authentication: Required
- Sending Limits: No more than 500 emails a day or 100 connections a day.
Ans: The correct Yahoo AT&T email settings are mentioned below;
- Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
- Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com (Also requires authentication)
- Incoming mail server: POP3
- Incoming/outgoing user name: enter your full ATT email address with the correct domain
- Incoming mail port: type 995 for this field
- Outgoing mail port: type 465 for this field
Ans: Here are the correct IMAP settings for ATT.net email;
- ATT.NET (AT&T) IMAP server: IMAP.MAIL.Yahoo.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP security: SSL or TLS
- IMAP Username: type your correct email address
- IMAP password: type your mail password correctly
Ans: Users are generally advised to use IMAP for their email settings as POP is not recommended. One should also need to keep in mind to enter the correct email settings while they are trying to configure their email account.
Ans: The steps mentioned below can be followed by the users to set up their AT&T email account on a device with relative ease.
- You can begin by opening currently.com and clicking on the sign-in option.
- From there, you will need to create an AT&T email account.
- Next, you will need to enter your wireless number along with the correct ZIP code.
- After you have done so, simply fill in the code and click on continue.
- In the next window, you will need to complete all of the information to create a new email ID and password for ATT.net email.
- Complete the process by the verification of your account.
You need to make sure to enter the correct email settings on currently.com so to avoid any issues in the future.
There is no doubt that ATT is one of the best if not the best email services in the emailing world. The brilliant services combined with an impressive interface make this email service irresistible.
All of the users who find it hard to configure their email account can make good use of the email server settings that are mention in this blog to make sure that users can configure their account on different platforms without much fuss.
We hope that this blog has all the answers that you were hoping to get.
Up until next time!
Read Also – Fix ATT Care Code: 205.4 Error