With more and more companies shifting to a remote system of work, it has become the need of the hour to invest in efficient and useful remote working tools for seamless functioning of the work process.
Every remote work needs tools for project management, time management, communication platforms, file-sharing space, and storage for smooth functioning.
By no means are those the only types of tools remote workers need. For instance, a lot of remote workers use tax calculators for deductions, invoice generators for billing clients, and expense trackers to keep up with money being paid out. Perhaps we should have added a section for financial tools.
Here is a list of some of the best tools to meet all of those requirements and ensure a healthy and productive remote working environment.
Project Management Tools
For all remote works, an efficient management tool is of utmost importance to notify about upcoming works and maintain transparency to make sure that everyone is on the same page at work.
Here are some remote working tools for project management.
Basecamp is a tool that has been on the rise due to its simple functionality, clean interface, and usability.
Some of its best features include
- Creating client specific projects
- Seamless communication platforms for discussions as well as private messaging.
- Minimal and well-organized interface which makes it easy to learn and use.
- Ability to integrate add-ons and extensions which expands the capabilities of the tool.
- Data backup to store information in an organized manner and share assets with the team.
ProofHub is another one of the best remote working platforms when it comes to project management. It has gained the trust of plenty of remote working teams. With ProofHub you can:
- Create tasks specifying the start and end date along with custom roles that notify what each person in the team should do and when.
- Plan and also manage all your tasks, projects, and resources.
- Integrate with other apps like Google Calendar, Google Drive, Outlook, iCal, and many such apps to bring all your resources to one place.
- Have discussions and chats in real-time to make sure that nothing is missed out.
- Track progress and working status and information about various projects.
- Share files and store documents.
With remote working, managing time has become very important to increase productivity. Hence time management tools are a necessary part of the remote working tools.
Toggl is a web app and is used online in a browser but it can also be installed on a phone or desktop. With Toggle you can:
- Track the time of every activity.
- Obtain reports, detailed summaries, and weekly reports.
- Create tasks and assign them to members of the team and mark them when they are done.
Video Conferencing Tools
It is almost impossible to run a remote work without video conferencing tools. Here are some of the best remote working tools for video conferencing.
Zoom has easily become one of the favorite video conferencing tools in recent years. The simple and useful features it provides to meet all the needs of video conferencing is why it has become so popular.
- The virtual background feature helps to hide your background when you don’t want everyone to see your surroundings.
- Its touch-up feature allows you to remove dark circles, smoothen your skin and beautify your face.
- Audio transcript is a feature than can transcribe the audio of the meeting and import it into text format.
- Breakout rooms help to divide a large group of participants into smaller groups to better manage specific tasks.
You can always count on Microsoft Teams to provide an excellent team space for making creative decisions and communicating with each other. There are many tools out there but certain features make Microsoft Teams stand out.
- The whiteboard feature allows participants to collaborate and add images, diagrams, sketches, texts, and more to the board in real-time.
- Microsoft Teams provide both real-time transcripts and also text transcripts after the meeting is over.
- You can also spotlight up to 7 participants such as leaders of the meeting who are to be frequently called on.
Screen sharing and screen recording tools help to better express your ideas and also save meetings conducted so that you can refer back to them if you have missed anything.
- TeamViewer helps to record remote sessions and is compatible with laptops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- You can manually choose the record option or set it to automatically record every session that is launched.
Movavi Screen Recorder
This is one of the best tools for screen recording and much more.
- It can easily record your screen and capture videos using Windows 10.
- It can save your videos in 4K or even in full HD resolutions.
- It also allows you to edit the videos and save the completed file.
Choosing the right cloud storage is very important in terms of reliability, accessibility, security, and affordability. Here are some remote working tools for cloud storage.
Google Drive has become an important part of many companies that work remotely. It has many features that make it an apt tool for all storage needs.
- It allows access to the documents and spreadsheets of the employees. It also allows you to review the history to see what changes were made.
- You can also share files and folders with that outside of your organization by customizing the permissions to view or edit a file.
- It provides advanced search features to search files and folders containing certain words in their title or content.
- You can also view many types of files such as videos, images, PDFs, and so on.
Meeting scheduling should not be a chore for anyone. Here is a simple tool to help keep a track of all your tasks and meetings.
10to8 Meeting Scheduling Software
This is one of the best work-from-home productivity tools that help to keep a track of all appointments and schedules. Some of its best features include:
- Arranging recurring meetings
- Integration with a wide variety of calendars like Google, Outlook, iCal, and much more.
- Check your colleague’s schedules to know their availability.
Why struggle with having a seamless and smooth remote work life? Get these wonderful tools and see the difference it makes for yourself.