It can be annoying to open your inbox to find emails you have missed and discover hundreds more. If you do not remember the sender’s name or the exact date of the email, it is nearly impossible to find it.
As of 2023, approximately 124.5 billion businesses send emails daily, and 347.3 billion emails are sent and received daily. In this case, some emails may go unnoticed, making it extremely difficult to locate them.
You wouldn’t believe it, but finding unread emails is as easy as transferring emails from one Gmail account to another. In this article, we will show you how to see unread emails in Gmail in four simple steps.
4 Simple Ways to Find Gmail Inbox Unread Mail
Do you want to find the unread emails that have vanished among the hundreds of spam emails? We have the perfect solution for you! Keep reading to find out how to find unread emails in Gmail in 4 quick and easy ways.
Find Unread Emails Through the Search Bar
If you want to know the easiest way to find unread emails, it is through the advanced search options.
The range of functions available in the search bar at the top of the screen may surprise you. Follow these simple steps to look for any unread emails you may have missed.
- Open the Gmail app and tap on the search bar.
- Now type “is:unread” into the search box, and it will display all of your unread messages in Gmail. If you want to narrow your search even further, add a keyword from the email’s subject after it.
Find Unread Emails Through Advanced Search Options
The advanced search options in Gmail will make your search more accessible than ever. This search option works like a filter and allows you to filter out all the unread messages.
- Open Gmail and click on the three sliders on the far right of the search bar.
- This feature allows you to pick from a selection of search criteria, where you can narrow down your search and sort emails by size, date, and type of mail. All you have to do is select “Unread Mail” instead of “All Mail” in the Search option.
- Simply click on search, and Gmail will display only unread messages.
Also Read: How To Setup AOL Mail In Outlook
View Unread Emails Through Settings
This is another way of viewing unread emails in Gmail, and also one of the easiest ways. Instead of doing things directly, you can change the settings so that only unread emails are displayed at the top. Here are three easy steps to get there:
- Go to settings and select the Inbox tab.
- Here in the Inbox type, change the option from Default to Unread First
- The best part about this filter is that you can specify how many unread emails you want to see at once.
- The final step is to click on Save Changes.
Gmail will now automatically move all of your unread emails to the top and everything else to the bottom, allowing you to easily view all of your unread emails.
View Unread Emails Through Checkbox
The checkbox at the top of the Gmail page is the easiest and quickest way to filter out emails. Continue reading to learn how to do it in two easy steps.
- Select the checkbox in the top left corner.
- From all the filters, select Unread and all the unread messages will be selected automatically.
- After that, if you want to filter out your unread messages further, click on the three dots at the top and choose any filter that seems accurate.
All of your unread messages will be highlighted at the top of the screen after you complete these three simple steps.
How to Show Only Unread Emails in Gmail App?
After learning how to find unread emails in Gmail on a desktop, it’s time to learn how to do the same on a smartphone. Simply follow these steps to find out:
- Open the Gmail app and select the search bar.
- Enter “is:unread” in the search box.
- That’s it! Now you’ll see all the unread emails at the top of your screen.
Gmail is the most powerful and widely used emailing software, with billions of emails sent and received every day. Among all of this, finding a specific unread email is a simple task. You’ll be able to do it seamlessly and effectively if you follow any one of the four simple methods explained in the article.
I hope this article has permanently solved your problem, and you will never have to look up how to find unread emails in Gmail on the internet again!
Also Read: Issue “Gmail Won’t Load New Emails” [Fixed]
Q. How do you search for unread emails?
Ans: To view Gmail inbox unread emails, go to Settings > See all settings > Inbox > Inbox type > Unread first > Save changes. That is it! With just six taps, you can see all of your unread messages at the top of the screen.
Q. Why can’t I find my unread emails?
Ans: There are three possible reasons why you can not see your unread emails:
- You may have a filter that has forced unread emails to bypass the inbox.
- You may have accidentally clicked on it, and they are no longer marked as unread.
- You have so many spam emails that the unread emails have sunk to the bottom of your inbox.
Q. How to find unread emails in the Gmail app on your iPhone?
Ans: Open the app on your iPhone, then tap the hamburger menu in the upper left corner of the screen. Finally, select Unread from the dropdown menu to see all unread emails.
Q. How do you select all unread emails?
Ans: Click on the checkbox at the top left of the page, then select Unread from the dropdown menu. All unread messages will be selected automatically.
- Sonoma State University — Viewing Unread Messages in Gmail