The term itself might seem simple and short, but has more to it than meets the eye. What started off as an efficient way to share media and professional documents. Has grown to become one of the easiest ways for communication and scheduling life every day.
If offering multiple services in one go was an art, AT&T email would be remember as Picasso.
Not only does it offer an email service to work in a professional setting. It also offers the option of excellent communication. So you are literally one call away from your friends and loved ones.
What made it stand out earlier was the striking option where users can merge their email accounts with Yahoo. Making it easier for them to manage their accounts in one place. But good things are not flawless.
Want to know how to get rid of this feature? Keep up with this blog till the end to know how to do the same with relative ease.
But before we begin, let us take a look at how one can know if they have a merged account or not.
How to Spot a Merged Account?
In case you are still doubtful about your account being a merge one or not. You can take a look at the measures that are given below to confirm the same;
- If you are able to access your Yahoo account with the use of AT&T email address.
- In case, the login credentials of AT&T email are working for your Yahoo account as well.
- When you are receiving the emails of both accounts in one place.
- When you are trying to access the Yahoo account, and you get redirect to the sign-in page of AT&T email.
- Resetting the password for any one of the email account will change the password for the other too.
How convenient it may seem to some users, right? But gone are the days when you could have had access to such features. Since the two email services have part ways now and email users are left in a state of utter confusion.
The merge resulted in the users being unable to adapt to the new ATT settings. And it also downgraded the user interface since users felt that it was much easier to locate features earlier when the merge did not happen.
Unmerge Yahoo and AT&T (A Step by Step Guide)
As soon as news broke out about the unmerging of the two emailing giants, people from all parts of the globe went bananas. Some were thinking about how they are going to get their accounts back with all the data that was there. While others were relieve that the “unmerge” will ensure that both the email services improve features and security services.
If you are among the former kind, below are some basic steps that can come in handy to unmerge the two major email services.
- Start by accessing the web browser of your choice and visit the official sign in page of AT&T.
- From there, you will need to click on the official link to access the sign in page of the same to enter the login credentials in the given spaces.
- Once you have access to your account, select the option of profile. Available just under the MY AT&T section from the top of your screen.
- For the next step, move under the AT&T email accounts option and locate the “account profile” option to click on the same.
- Following this, look for the tab that says, “user information” and hit the option of “delete account” from there. That is on display just right to the member ID option.
- Next, wait for a while and a confirmation email will show up on your system. Proceed further with the same to finish the “unmerge” for your AT&T account.
- After doing this, access your Yahoo account and click on the unmerge button that is available in the bottom right corner of your screen to get the job done.
These simple steps can be quite handy when a user is having a tough time trying to figure out how to unmerge their Yahoo email account from AT&T.
This is all that we have for the unmerging saga of Yahoo and AT&T.
We hope that the blog has everything that you wanted to know about.
Till we meet again. Ya-hoooooo!
Read Also – Fix ATT Care Code 205.4 Error