It has happened with all of you where the live.com Email Login Page gets stuck and won’t load. The same situation happened to me, and it took me almost hours to find the solution. Today I am here to remedy your problem by providing the solutions to the issue with the live.com Email Sign In page.
What is Live.com?
Live.com email is a free personal email service from Microsoft. It’s easy to set up and use, and it comes with 25GB of cloud storage.
You can use Live.com email to send and receive messages and manage your contacts, calendars, and files.
Is Outlook and Live com Mail the same?
Outlook is Microsoft’s email client for businesses. It provides access to Microsoft Exchange Server or Office 365 and other popular email services like Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
Live Mail is a desktop email program installed with Windows Vista or Windows 7. It’s similar to Outlook in many ways but designed for home users.
If you’re using Windows Vista or seven and have a broadband Internet connection, we recommend using Outlook instead of Live Mail because it’s more powerful and stable than Live Mail. If you prefer the traditional look of Outlook but don’t want to use the email service from Microsoft, try Thunderbird instead.
In some cases, you might want to use both programs at the same time because they each offer unique features that are not available in the other program:
- Outlook has a better calendar application than Live Mail does
- Live Mail has better support for POP3 accounts
Features of Live.com Email
Live.com email has many features that make it more than an ordinary email client. Here are some of its most important ones:
1) Live (chat) support – Live chat support is beneficial if you need immediate help with your account or other issues related to your Live account. You can also send emails to customer support and directly contact them via phone and even Skype!
2) Autodiscover – This feature lets you automatically configure your account using only your email@example.com address and password without specifying an outgoing server or other settings manually every time you log onto the service (as most other email providers require). This makes it easier for new users who don’t understand how to set up their accounts properly on other providers but want to use Live.com because of its unique features over other free alternatives like Gmail or Hotmail (which do not have auto-discover).
3) Calendar – The calendar feature is easy to use and integrates with Windows Live Messenger so that you can see when your friends are available for video chat sessions (similarly to Facebook’s chat functionality). It also allows you to invite others from your contacts list to events, making it easier to coordinate meetings with colleagues or friends.
4) People – The people feature similar to Facebook’s profile pages in that it allows you to display information about yourself, such as your interests and hobbies, along with a picture and short bio. This section also includes a list of your contacts and friends, making it easy to connect with them through email or instant messaging services like MSN Messenger or Skype.
5) SkyDrive – Microsoft offers 5GB of free storage on its SkyDrive service, which comes preinstalled with the Windows Live Essentials software suite so that you can upload files directly from your PC without having them clog up your hard drive space first. You can then access these files from anywhere there is an Internet connection so long as you have a Windows Live ID account.
6) Windows Live Messenger – Windows Live Messenger is an instant messaging service that lets you send and receive messages from other people across the globe for free. You can use it to chat with your friends and family, or even make new ones by talking to strangers. In addition, you can also use it for audio calls and video calls over the Internet if their computers support these features.
7) Windows Live Mail – Windows Live Mail is a feature-rich email client that comes preinstalled on Windows 7 (and Windows 8) operating systems so that you don’t have to download one yourself. It supports multiple email accounts, RSS feeds, spell checking, rich text formatting, picture attachments, and more!
8) Themes and skins – You can change the look of the Live.com email using different themes or skins that come with it by default or download from third parties who sell themes for a fee online.
9) Security options – There are several security features built into Live.com email that allow you to set up different levels of protection based on how sensitive the information being transmitted is and how important it is that no one else gets access to it accidentally or on purpose through hacking techniques
How to login to Live.com Email
Logging into Live.com is easy. You can use your email address and password to sign in or set up a Microsoft account.
- Go to Outlook.com and click on “Sign in”
- You will be redirected to the sign in page. Enter your email and click on “Next”
- Now enter the password and click on “Sign in”
How to Sign Up to a Live com Account?
To create a Live com account, follow the below-given steps:
Step 1: Click on “Sign up now” on Login.live.com
Step 2: Now, enter the details like First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth in the signup form.
Step 4: The Account setting page will appear once you’ve created your Live.com account.
Live.com Account Configuration
You need to configure two account configurations when setting up your Live.com account with an email client: IMAP and SMTP settings.
Configure the Settings from the information given below:
|Live.com (Outlook.com) IMAP Server:||imap-mail.outlook.com|
|IMAP Security||SSL / TLS|
|IMAP Username||Your full email address|
|IMAP Password||Your Live.com password|
|Live.com (Outlook.com) SMTP Server||smtp-mail.outlook.com|
|SMTP Username||Your full email address|
|SMTP Password||Your Live.com password|
Reasons Why You Are Getting Microsoft Email Login Issue
There are many reasons why you can face the Microsoft email login issue. Some of them are listed below:
1. Incorrect Username or Password
This is the most common reason you are getting Microsoft email login issues. Make sure that you have entered the correct username and password. If not, try to reset your password using the Forgot Password option.
2. Incorrect SMTP Server Configuration
If you are using third-party email services like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc., make sure that you have correctly configured the SMTP server in the Microsoft account settings. You can also use your ISP’s SMTP server instead of Microsoft’s SMTP server for sending emails from your Outlook account.
3. Server Down or Maintenance Work Going On
Sometimes Microsoft servers may go down, or there may be some maintenance work going on in these servers, which causes problems with your Outlook account login. It may take some hours or even days for them to restore their service to normal again and resolve all issues related to it so that users can reaccess their accounts without any problems!
4. Internet Connection Issue
Your internet connection is the first thing that needs to be checked if you have a problem “login live com refused to connect.” If there is no internet connection or your ISP has blocked it, you cannot connect with Microsoft servers and hence get an error message saying that “We couldn’t find the account associated with this email address.” Check your modem/router settings and make sure they are not blocking any port numbers or websites so that you can use them normally again.
5. Your Account Has Been Locked
Sometimes, Microsoft can lock your account if they think there is something wrong with it or want to keep it safe from any hackers or scammers, etc. If this happens, you will need to contact the support team to get help on how to unlock your account so that you can get back into it again and start using it normally again without any issues at all like before!
6. Your Account Was Hacked
If someone can access your account without permission, they may have modified some settings and changed passwords. This means that if you try to sign in and receive an error message stating that there has been suspicious activity on your account, this is likely why. Contact support immediately if this happens so they can help prevent further damage from occurring to your account.
Troubleshoot Issues of Login to Live.com
If you are facing issues with the Live com login page, here are some troubleshooting solutions that will help you to resolve the issue:
Reset Your Password
If you are having trouble logging into your live com account, the first thing to do is reset your password. This will help you log in immediately and then allow you to troubleshoot the issue from there.
If you haven’t done this before, here’s how:
Step 1:Go to https://account.live.com and click Sign In in the top right corner of your browser window.
Step 2:When prompted, enter your email address and click “Next”.
Step 3: If you have more than one account with Microsoft, choose the one that you want to use. If you don’t remember which one it is, click I forgot my sign-in info, then type your username (the part before @outlook.com).
Step 4: Click “Next” again when prompted for a password reset code.
Step 5: On the Enter Your Password page, enter a new password and click “Next” when finished.
Step 6: On the Confirm Your Password page, retype your new password (to make sure it’s correct), then click “Next” again when finished.
Check Internet Connection
If you cannot log in to a Live com account, then the first thing you should do is check your internet connection. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, there could be some issues with the network connection.
Restart Your Computer
Restarting your computer is the first thing to do when you are having issues with Microsoft Outlook. It’s a quick and easy way to fix many problems. To restart your computer, follow these steps:
- Click on Start and then click on Restart. A confirmation window will appear asking if you want to restart your computer. Click OK.
- The system will shut down and reboot automatically. After that, log in again with your credentials and check if the issue still persists or not.
Clear Cookies and Cache
If you are unable to login to your Outlook account, there could be many reasons. One of the most common is the issue of cookies and cache on your browser.
You can fix this issue by clearing your cookies and cache from your browser. This will refresh all the issues related to cookies and cache on your browser.
Here are the steps for how to clear cookies and cache in Google Chrome:
Step1: Go to Chrome History(Ctrl+H)
Step2: Now Click “Clear Browsing Data” in the left bar of the screen.
Step3: A New window will pop up Select “Cookies and Other Site Data” and “Cached Images and Files”
Step4: Now Select the Time range and Select “All Time”
Step5: After that Click on “Next” to run the process and wait till the process ends (approx 1 min)
So, here is the complete guide to logging in to the Live.com email, signing up for a Live.com account, and setting the configuration of the Live.com account. With the help of this post, you can solve your issues quickly and find more information related to Live com. I hope you will be satisfied after following the guide and if you still have any confusion or query related to Microsoft email login and configuration, please leave a comment below in the comment box so that we can give you a proper answer as soon as possible. And don’t forget to share the Microsoft email login guide with your friends through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc
Ans: Live.com email accounts are used to access your Outlook.com or Office 365 account.
If you’re using an Outlook.com account, you can use these steps to sign in:
- Click the Sign in button at the top of any Outlook.com page.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in.
If you’re using an Office 365 account, you can use these steps to sign in:
- Click the Sign In link in the upper-right corner of any Office 365 page.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Sign In.
Ans: Yes, you can still use Live.com email, but it’s not easy to do, and it’s not free.
Microsoft has been phasing out the Live.com site since 2013, and it’s now possible to log in and use your email address only if you’re an Office 365 subscriber. This means paying $10 per month or more to use Microsoft’s email service.
You can also convert your existing Live.com email address into an Outlook.com account for free, but this process takes up to 60 days because Microsoft needs time to transfer your messages from one system to another.
Ans: Hotmail and Live are two of the most popular free email services globally. They are both owned by
Microsoft but run independently from each other. There are many similarities between the two services, but many differences are also.
Both Hotmail and Live offer free email accounts with unlimited storage space and several helpful features such as antivirus protection and spam filtering.
Ans: If you’ve lost access to your Microsoft account, you can recover it using the steps below:
Step 1:Check your password recovery options
If you’ve forgotten your password and need to reset it, visit the Lost password page.
If you’ve forgotten both your password and your security question answer, you’ll have to contact support even if you have another Microsoft account that uses the same email address. If not, we recommend creating a new Microsoft account with an email address that has never been used before.
Step 2:Create a new recovery email address
Open the Lost Password page and click on “I don’t have access to this email address anymore.”
You’ll be prompted to create a new recovery email address where we’ll send a verification code to get back into your account. Your old email address will no longer be valid after this procedure is complete so please make sure not to use this recovery email in any other accounts or services.
Ans: Live.com is an e-mail service offered by Microsoft. It is part of the Windows Live suite of services, including Windows Live Mail, Hotmail, MSN Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger. Live.com users can send and receive emails, store contacts, manage calendars, and schedule meetings. The service also allows users to log in to their accounts using a mobile phone or PDA device. The default settings for Live.com are set up automatically when you create your account with the service; however, there are several options that you can change to customise your experience with Live.com.