With the rapidly evolving environment of technology, having an email ID is a basic need these days. This is also because email ID is like your ticket to the internet world. And without it, you are inaccessible to most of the services on the web.
In fact, from the latest research, it was proven that most of us have more than just one email ID. Well then who’ll be there having zero? No one, I guess. Plus, this number of email addresses per number of users keeps on increasing. Not just having emails is important, but having an email on the right platform also holds immense importance. This is because the experience you are going to get while using the email service depends on the platform you chose.
One of the best and most popular email services is ProtonMail. It is best known for the amount of confidentiality it provides to its users. On ProtonMail, every email is end-to-end and zero-access encrypted, including a refined level of protection along with many other protocols giving you an immeasurable experience.
So let’s know more about ProtonMail, starting with signing up for ProtonMail.
How To Sign-Up for ProtonMail?
Here are the steps to create an email account on ProtonMail:
- Launch your web browser and visit the ProtonMail sign-up page.
- On the top right corner of the screen, click on the sign-up button.
- On the next screen, there will be a list of many plans available on the site. Select the one that fits you the best.
- Next, you will be ask to create a username for your ProtonMail email account, it is important to remember that the username you decided should be unique as it will hold your identity.
- After that, create a password, make sure you create a strong password so that your account stays well-protected. Write the password again for confirmation and click on Next.
- Once done with all this, you will be ask to provide a recovery method. This is because in case you lost your account, the recovery method will be used to retrieve your account. (It is advise that you provide both-recovery email as well as recover phone number to be double sure).
- You will be asked to select a plan again, select the plan you decide before proceeding. (We advise selecting the free plan).
- Then, on the recovery email ID you provided, you will receive a one-time password for the verification of your account.
- Complete the CAPTCHA test to finish with the whole process.
Wait for a few minutes to finish the setup. And you are done.
Now that you have successfully created an account on ProtonMail, the next step would be to log in to ProtonMail to access the account. So let’s learn how to log in to a ProtonMail email account.
How To Log In To ProtonMail Account?
Here are the steps you can use to log in to your ProtonMail account:
- Go to the official website of ProtonMail and in the upper right corner of the screen, click on login.
- Then, in the given text box, enter your email address or username.
- Once filled in, enter the password, make sure you enter the right password and click on sign-in.
And you’ll be logged in to your ProtonMail account.
So this was all about creating an account on ProtonMail and logging into it, but what if you lose or forget your account password? Well, you have nothing to worry about in that case too. Here’s how you can recover or reset your ProtonMail account password in just a few steps.
Recovering/Resetting Password on ProtonMail
Losing or forgetting a password is very common, we understand how concerned people can be about their account and the data stored in it after losing a password. This is why we have provided these steps through which you can easily reset your ProtonMail account password. So let’s get started:
- Visit the website of ProtonMail and on the top right corner of the screen, click on Log in.
- Right at the bottom of the sign-in page, you’ll see the option “Need Help?” click on it.
- On the popped-up 4 options, select reset password.
- There, you’ll be ask to fill in your email address or username. Once filled in, click on next.
- On the next page, you’ll see all the recovery options, fill in the phone number or the email address you provided for recovery while creating the account.
- After filling in the credentials, click on send code, and you’ll receive a recovery code on the registered phone number or the email address.
- Enter the code and click on Reset password.
- After clicking on reset password, you will receive a warning of some data loss, click on reset password again.
- And finally, create a new password for your account and re-enter it to confirm.
And there you go, your password has been reset, log in to your account again using the new password.
So, this was all about how to sign-up for ProtonMail, log in to ProtonMail, and recover its password. But what if there’s an issue with the sign into ProtonMail? How to deal with the login issues then? Well, there’s absolutely nothing for you to worry about because we have made a list of solutions to help you deal with the login issues in ProtonMail.
Dealing With ProtonMail Login Issues
There are some common login issues that people face while logging into their ProtonMail account like:
- Login page not reachable.
- Login page not loading properly.
- Not being able to log in to your ProtonMail account.
- It keeps showing “wrong password”.
And many more.
So these were the common issues that one might face while logging into their account.
Here’s what you should do to fix these issues and get smooth access to your account.:
- Make sure that the version of ProtonMail you are using is the update one, if not, then it is advise to do the same immediately. This is because each update comes with bug fixes to give you a better experience.
- The issues might be because of the excessive browsing data, you can clear the cache and other cookies, and also keep clearing the history of your browser on a regular interval.
- Make sure that the device you are using to log in is connect with a stable internet connection. Sometimes, bad or unstable internet connection leads to issues with login.
- It is advised to keep changing your ProtonMail account password regularly and each time the password should be unique.
- If you are configuring your ProtonMail email account on a third-party client, make sure you are providing the latest server settings, which are given below-
Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Host name – mail.pocketinet.com
- Username- email@example.com (enter your email address)
- Password-fill in your password here
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Host name- smtp.pocketinet.com
- Username- firstname.lastname@example.org (enter your email address here)
- Password-fill in your password here.
- If the pop-up says- “cannot connect using SSL(Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?). Select Yes here.
Read Also – Pacbell Email Login