Every once in a while, we are in a situation where we have to change something in our Gmail account; Changing our username, transferring all emails to another account, or any other thing. Well, you are not the only one looking for a way to do so, there are thousands of others that are looking for the easiest and the most convenient way for having any sort of changes in their Gmail account.
This is why we are here, here you will get all the information about how to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another one. If you simply want to transfer messages or emails from one Gmail account to another. The easiest and the most efficient way is to set up Post Office Protocol i.e. POP access.
Here’s how you can do it.
How to Configure POP Access in Gmail?
The easiest step of transferring messages from one Gmail account to another account is to set up POP access in your Gmail account. So let’s learn more about it:
Start with the inbox of your primary email account, which is the one whose emails you want to forward. In the top right corner of your message window, click on the gear icon and move to settings. This is for forwarding POP/IMAP.
- After that, click on the Enable POP for all mail option.
- Then select what to do with the original messages/emails. (You can keep, archive, or delete the copy of Gmail’s inbox, or just simply mark them as read).
- At the bottom of the window, click on the save the changes option.
Importing Emails To the New Gmail Account
Move to the other Gmail account, the one where you want to move your emails to. Login to your Gmail account and open settings and move to Accounts and Import.
- Select Add a Mail account under the check mail from another account panel.
- Then, enter the Gmail address you are importing emails from and click next to move forward.
- Click on the Select emails from my other account, which is enabled because of the POP access.
- After that, you’ll be asked to enter your account password, while doing so make sure that “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail” is selected.
- All the other selected options depend on your personal preference for managing and organizing your messages in the inbox.
- Select Add Account.
- As the next step, select if you want to send messages on the old computer and click Next.
Important Note: If you have enabled two-factor authentication (which you should have), your regular Gmail account password won’t work here.
Hence, you will have to go to your Google Account> security> Signing into your Google> Apps and password. There, sign in to your account and select the app and the device you have to use the password for, and click on Generate.
Confirming the Connection Between Accounts
Once you are set up to send messages with your new or another Email account. You’ll be asked to perform several additional steps. This is to verify that both of your Gmail accounts belong to each other.
Gmail will send a confirmation mail to your primary Gmail along with a confirmation code and a verification link.
It is advised to keep the pop-up open from the previous step after moving on to the next steps. Enter the confirmation code there that you just received. But if you have already closed the pop-up, you can either go to the verification link and click on it or go to the settings> Accounts and Import in your another account. Then next to the email you are importing. Click on Verify, after that follow the prompts to enter the confirmation code.
Doing the other step would prevent you from any sort of confusion and will be smoother for you to move from one account to another without missing any step.
Read Also – Fix Gmail Won’t Load Issue
How To Stop Importing Emails?
Follow these steps if you no longer wish to import your Emails from one Gmail account to another.
- Go to your other Gmail account and select the settings option.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Then, click on Delete to delete the linked account from that Gmail under the Check Mails from another account tab.
- Click on OK to delete the account linked to your other Gmail account.
There, you go, after this, you won’t be importing emails from one Gmail account to another.
Well, there you go, your emails are transfer from one Gmail account to another. And also how to stop importing email from one account to another. But what if you use any other emailing client? Let’s have a look at transferring emails from Outlook too.
Transfering Emails From Other Emailing Client
If you are using some other mailing client like Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple Mail, there are separate steps for transferring emails from there. For this, you will have to set up your desktop client of choice to have access to both of your Gmail accounts but that would be via IMAP. Here’s a detailed process from Google.
The thing to remember here is, while transferring emails from any other emailing client. Do enable the “Show in IMAP” for all the labels, including all the Sent Mail and All Mail. This can be done in Gmail Settings> Labels.
So this was all for moving or transferring emails from one account to another Gmail account. This is one of the most asked questions among the users about how they can transfer their emails from one Gmail account to another because almost all of us have more than one mailing ID. But sometimes, moving emails from one account to another can really be tricky as there are some technical steps that must be follow. In this case, it is advise to have a backup of all of your important data in your system in a PST format.
Read Also – Can’t Attach Files in Gmail