Verizon email is a largely used email service that was first introduced by Verizon communications. Soon after its release, it gained immense popularity among the netizens and thus it attracted a sum of 4.4 million clients before 2017. But 2017 was a big year for the company as Verizon shifted its email services to AOL webmail which is another subsidiary of Verizon Inc. However, the shift didn’t affect its popularity, and users continued to use Verizon email services. But the challenge they were facing was, finding the right Verizon.net email sign-in platform and understanding the new Verizon login process.
Even today, users feel it difficult to access their Verizon email account, and thus to aid such users we have designed an explanatory guide that will unveil the right and updated way to login-to Verizon email. As mentioned above, Verizon pleaded with its email users to migrate their accounts to AOL, where they can access their previously-stored email data.
But soon after the shift, Verizon forwent its email services and only kept Verizon cable TV, internet, and IPTV services under its banner.
All the official Verizon email service platforms are now discontinued by the brand and thus the process of login to the Verizon email account has completely changed. So, let’s understand how you can sign in to a Verizon email account at the current time and how a new email account can be created.
How to Sign-up for a New Verizon Email Account?
After the migration happened, Verizon ceased the sign-up process. And thus no one can create a new email account with the Verizon.net domain. But those who have transferred their Verizon data to AOL can access their email data. However, if you want to access Verizon email services, you can register yourself at mail.aol.com or yahoo.com.
What is the Right Way to Sign-in to Verizon Email Account?
There is no way you can create a new Verizon email account, but if you followed the guidelines that Verizon prescribed back in the year 2017. You must have shifted your account to AOL, and thus you can now access your Verizon email account using AOL login page or Verizon Yahoo sign-in page.
Then, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Shoot your browser and access the aforementioned web pages. (we are using AOL login page for reference)
- Step 2: Next, to move ahead, provide your complete Verizon email address and tap on the Next button.
- Step 3: On the next screen, type your password that is correct and hit the sign-in button to complete the process.
No more steps are required to log in to your Verizon.net email account. All you need is to take care of the correctness of the login credentials you are entering or else you will end up landing in a predicament. Furthermore, to keep Verizon login issues at bay. You need to keep a few things in mind such as the password field is case-sensitive and thus CAPS LOCK and NUMS key should be used accurately.
Sign-in to Verizon Email Account on Third-Party Clients
Verizon email can be used on different platforms such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Android mail app, or iOS Mail. Just configure the Verizon sending and receiving settings to sync the AOL-powered Verizon email account on the platform of your choice.
Here are the latest Verizon email server settings that you can use to set up the email account on third-party email clients.
|Protocol||Server Settings||Port Settings|
|POP 3||Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net|
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
|IMAP||Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com|
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
How to Login to Verizon AOL Email on Third-Party Clients
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Open the “Mail” list menu.
- Go to “Accounts”.
- Select the “Add Account option”
- Tap on the “AOL” icon
- Type-in your @verizon email or the Verizon email address you use for the Verizon account.
- Type-in your “Password”.
- Tap on “Next”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to access your Verizon email account.
Important Note: During the process of setting up a Verizon email account, you need to enter the complete Id including the @verizon.net, and the SSL encryption should be enabled for both incoming and outgoing emails.
How to Reset Verizon Email Password
- Start by signing to your AOL Verizon email sign-in webpage.
- Type-in your AOL email username.
- Click Next.
- Tap on “I forgot my password”
- Select the Password Reset option.
- Type-in the code you receive on your phone or recovery email.
- Create a new email password and retype it to confirm.
How to Fix your Verizon.Net Login Issues?
Verizon email is being widely used due to its immense popularity. Despite being perfect in terms of quality and versatility, Verizon.net’s email service is not free from errors. Users encounter certain types of errors every now and then; the most common of all is Verizon sign-in issues. Though sign-in problems with Verizon.net are temporary, not addressing them on time can make you lose access to your account forever.
Login issues occur due to various causes and can be solve with little effort. If you are naive and have just begun using Verizon. You must know all the troubleshooting tips that will help you deal with sign-in errors with your Verizon email account.
Note: Verizon email login platform no longer exists, hence if you are using Webmail.verizon.com or Verizon.net webpage to sign in, you won’t be able to access your email account. All you can use is Yahoo and AOL sign-in pages to access your Verizon email account. But those who are using Verizon Wireless products, access their services through Verizon wireless account or My FIOS account webpages using this link: https://login.verizonwireless.com/vzauth/UI/Login
- Having a stable internet connection is necessary for signing in to your Verizon email account as it is a web-based platform. To improve the speed of your internet, restart your router, and bring your device closer to the router.
- Check the login credentials if you are constantly receiving “Incorrect password” or “Username doesn’t match”. Make sure you are using the correct set of correct upper and lower cases of the password.
- If you are not able to sign in to your Verizon.net email account on a particular device or third-party email client. You should switch to another device and check if you can sign in after switching platforms. In addition, you can even switch between browsers if one browser is not working for you.
- Having add-ons and multiple tabs open on your browser Windows can interrupt the sign-in process of your Verizon email account. Thus opening Incognito mode to avoid the hurdles caused by browser congestion.
- Clearing history, caches, and cookies from your browser can also help you get rid of Verizon email login issues.
- Disable the anti-virus program if you can log into your Verizon email account. Other than this, keep a check on add-ons, plug-ins, and anti-malware programs.
- You also need to check ports and make sure it is not block by any program, firewall, or anti-virus.
- Make sure POP setup is enable on your device.
- It is important to ensure that the email address you are entering to set up is activate and verified.
If nothing works, make a contact with the Verizon support team to avail of technical help.